Orthodox Volunteer Corps Established
Christ is in our midst!
The youth and young adults of our Church are vital to a vibrant expression of Orthodox Christianity in the United States AND their life in the Orthodox Faith is vital to their vibrancy as human beings.
Understanding this, the Hierarchs of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States have declared 2021 the “Year of the Youth.” At their most recent gathering they ushered in a new era for young adult ministry by blessing the newly formed Orthodox Volunteer Corps (OVC) as an official Assembly agency!
It has been my honor to help establish this new agency as a board member. We have been hard at work for the past year building a ministry that will prepare our Church’s young adults for a lifetime of service within and beyond the parish through service, formation, community, and Church.
With the blessing of the Assembly and after a lot of prayer, dreaming, and hard work, THE TIME IS NOW to launch OVC. WE NEED YOUR HELP to do this!
In the coming days, I ask that you do ALL of the following in order to be a part of this new Orthodox young adult movement:
- VISIT our website at http://www.orthodoxvolunteercorps.org
- While your there, learn more about OVC and MAKE A VITAL GIFT of support
- REGISTER for our virtual kick-off event to be held at 8:00pm on November 9th at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_M4wTlaikRy22XF6WY6Tz1g
- FOLLOW OVC on Instagram @Orthodox-Volunteer-Corps
- LIKE OVC on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Orthodox-Volunteer-Corps-250561116836019
- PRAY for OVC and Orthodox Christian young adults!
Thank you so much for your support and your prayers! I look forward to seeing you at the virtual kickoff event on November 9th at 8pm EST.
Fr. Paul Abernathy
OVC Board Member